This legion previously stationed in Caerleon, Wales, helped build the Antonine Wall in 142 AD and was also part of Septimus Severus’s campaign in 208 AD. A full list of it’s movements are in the map below taken from https://digitalmapsoftheancientworld.com/
Vivius Marcianus was a centurion of the second legion and his tombstone was in London, erected by his wife, Januaria Martina, sometime around 200AD. He may have been in Scotland with Septimus Severus. See the RIB 17. Funerary inscription for Vivius Marcianus.
- Legio II Augusta ( livus website)
- The Second Legion Augusta – LEG II AVG ( Caerleon website)
- Legio II Augusta – Wikipedia
- Map of legions’ movements throughout the Roman empire https://digitalmapsoftheancientworld.com/digital-maps/roman-legions/ii-augusta/
- Information on legion https://www.deviantart.com/aquelion/art/Legio-II-Augusta-vexillum-690382228